The research Award is instituted by the Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Deemed to be University in order to inculcate the scientific temper and Research Culture among the Students, Research scholars and faculty members of Medical, Dental, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy and Nursing.
Terms, Definition and Synonyms:
Research Award: The research award recognizes the efforts of those for their research excellence and outstanding academic achievements. The award may carry a cash prize and/or a citation.
The purpose of Research Award policy is-
- To recognize the efforts of students and faculty, who are sincerely involved into academic and research activities, especially with innovative ideas.
- To motivate the students and teaching faculty of the Institution to conduct high end research activities.
- To create and inculcate research environment among the students and teaching faculties.
The scope of this policy is –
- To promote excellence, all round growth and development of students, research scholars and faculty of the Institution.
- To foster the Human Resource Development initiatives for high end research and innovation for the future population needs in order to improve the healthcare system in the urban as well as the rural areas.
- To recognize the outstanding contribution made by academic members of the Institution for promoting Organizational Growth.
Eligibility for the Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Research Award:
- The applicant shall be a registered student of Sumandeep Vidyapeeth.
- The faculty should be a permanent faculty of Sumandeep Vidyapeeth.
- Duly filled application form along with score sheet should be submitted to the Research Cell on or before the date declared by the Institution,
- The academic and research performance for applicants shall be considered for the academic year of the Institution,
- The publications which clearly possess Sumandeep Vidyapeeth shall be considered for grading,
- The research study must have an approval of SVIEC & IAEC or else NOC from Research Cell should be attached,
- The applicant shall submit substantial proofs (Soft Copy Only) for every activity mentioned in the scoring form,
- A special award shall be conferred upon to a researcher/research team who published their research article in a journal of highest impact factor (Clarivate Analytics/Thomson Reuter).
- All awardees of the constituent institutions of Sumandeep Vidyapeeth will be given a token of Appreciation and a Certificate.
The research cell shall be responsible for collecting the applications for the research award within the stipulated time, collection of the proofs of the researchers for the claim, scrutiny of the document and declaring the winner in all category of UG, PG and Faculty research award by constituting a Research Award committee for verification of the documents and proofs of the applicants.
The names of the winner of all categories shall be sent to the Registrar, Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Deemed to be University, for official declaration of the Research awards.
All the records pertaining to the Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Research Award in soft and hard copies shall be maintained and managed by the Research Cell, SVDU for minimum five years
Related Legislation and References: NIL
Director Research of Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Deemed to be University shall be the administrator of this policy.
- For submission of application:
- The applicant shall have to submit hard copy of duly filled application with the scoring sheet to Research Cell and soft copy of all the necessary proofs as supporting documents on email : <.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Applications received after last date of submission will not be considered.
- For selection of awardees:
- After receiving all the applications, SV fund allocation and review committee screened the application for their eligibility and finalize the awardees as per the score sheet (Appendix 4).
- The committee shall also check the authenticity of the proofs if found irrelevant; grades will be deducted.
- The committee shall scrutinize the application form and check the grading of the applicants mentioned in the scoring format.
- The applicants scoring highest grading shall be considered for the Research award for the respective institutes.